Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yesterday's Tummy Cam Adventure.

Yesterday I felt like Norm from the TV show Cheers. He walked into the bar and the crowd yelled Norm! I walked into Adventist Hospital and a number of folks said (didn't yell) "Stan!"


Talk about a smooth operation. That place has their act together. From the moment you check in at the volunteer desk, to admitting, to pre-op and then in for procedure.... freaking awesome!


The hardest part of the entire process was when they asked me my name, date of birth and what I was there for. Name and date of birth was a piece of cake... I had to tell them I didn't stand a chance of correctly pronouncing the proceedure name so I hoped the EGD was good enough.


I didn't feel a thing... not even a sore throat afterwords.


Initial findings were two erosions that were sampled for biopsy and a small hernia. We already knew about the hernia, so no biggie there.


I have my PET scan on Friday, then hopefully... if I feel ok after getting gamma rays pumped into me (hope I don't turn into the Hulk or something) I'm going to go catch Wolverine!

No comments:

Post a Comment