Friday, May 8, 2009

PET/CT scan



Today I went for the PET/CT scan.


I started my morning with a tasty pineapple-barium smoothie! Yummo!


Then a little itty-bitty needle to test my blood sugar and to pump in the isotope.


Finally! Something perfect! Lisa (my PET/CT operator) said my blood sugar was perfect at 99.


The hardest part of today was sitting calm and still for 45 minutes while the isotope made its rounds in my body. I am like a 6 year old little boy and it just kills me to sit still. I did well though.


Once they put me in the big donuts (there were 2, one for the CT and another about a foot away from the first for the PET). I'll be darned if I didn't wake myself up snoring. This was WAY better than the liver biopsy!


Results are next week, so I get some time away from doctors and needles for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment