Monday, May 4, 2009

Todays appointment!

Today I met with Dr. Keech at the Enloe Cancer Center. Terrific gentleman who fielded a lot of questions from me and my mom.

He told me today, that my prior blood work was "bland". Pretty much, he indicated that if I hadn't gone in for another issue, nothing in my blood work would lead anyone to believe there was any problem.

He also indicated that the mass on my liver was "unremarkable". That is, it's not all that big and I am a great candidate to have it surgically removed. Basically, this mass is about the size of a walnut.

Now what remains is to narrow down where this cancer may have originated from. My colonoscopy was terrific. A pair of polyps that were "hyperplastic" (non cancerous). Other than those the entire pathway is good to go.

Tomorrow, I go in for an EGD. They'll give me a "conscious sedative" and send a scope down my throat and take pics of everything down to the stomach.

Friday, I go in for a PET scan. Dr. Keech indicated that this will look at everything inside me, even the bones, to drill down where the bad guy is.

Finally, today I gave a blood sample at the lab. I've been told that certain cancer in certain organs have markers that can be detected with specific tests. Again, more drilling down.

Today was a great day! I still have my work cut out for me, but I feel like the numbers are more in my favor now.

No comments:

Post a Comment