Sunday, December 20, 2009

Things I want to learn and do.

I want to learn to focus on one thing at a time. Doing three at a time is not only impossible at this point, but it never was very productive.

I want to learn to breathe when I get frustrated.

I want to find out why every contractor I deal with is incompetent. Yesterday's fiasco was a discussion with my mail order pharmacy about why they seem to continue to deliver my maintenance meds to my home I lived in 3 moves ago. The first young woman was quite nice, but couldn't help me. She sent me to a "resolution agent" who was equally unable to help me. "We have to pull the conversation to confirm that you did indeed tell an agent your new address. If we determine that you have indeed notified the agent, we will call you within 24 to 48 hours to arrange for a new shipment to the correct address?"

Now I'm insulted. Three times I have phoned and corrected the address because I've caught the error on the company's web site prior to shipment. You now tell me that you have to confirm that I said that? Really? Mighty fine. We are done doing business. I'll go to my local Safeway now. Sure, I'll pay triple for my meds, but I'm betting that they won't ship them to the wrong address and that I can pick them up on my schedule, not 7 to 10 business days.

I want to give something back! I'm working on becoming a volunteer.

I want to lose 10 pounds and never find them again.

Todays goals:

Continue with the turkey jerky project.
Make stock.
Make a terrific dinner.
Help Julie begin the Christmas cooking. (This is were the breathe part will come in handy. Today I'm the grunt, just follow the instructions)

Pretty easy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment