Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good news!

Ok... the short version:

While the CA 19-9 marker is climbing, my PET/CT scan is clear. VERY clear. So, we watch over the coming months/years and see what's going on. That's great news!

Now the longer version:

I went in for my last chemo visit. I was a bundle of nerves. I was shaking and emotionally a mess. I warned my RN that my blood pressure would be up because I was expecting bad news form the doc. It was up! 150/97.

The doc arrived and we discussed my numbers. He indicated that anything could bring that marker up like a change in meds or even an infection. Later, after thinking it over, it's probably this gnarly rash I have on my hands from the Gemzar.

Finished with the doc, and went home to crash and shiver.

I'm feeling a lot better now that the scans came back clear.

Now I get to wait a while and do the following:

Visit the dentist! Once this round of chemo is cleared I can have my teeth cleaned.
Use a toothpick!
Shave with a razor routinely.
Sushi!
Being able to remember again!


Then! Make it to my first birthday following diagnoses and treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment