Saturday, November 28, 2009

And then there was one...maybe.

Turkey day was a blast! I"m so glad it came the day before chemo. Terrific food, wonderful family and some intense silliness reigned supreme over the day. It was awesome.

Chemo day went alright. Julie was able to go with me this time. Boy! I sure know how to show a girl a good time! Nearly 4 hours of boredom watching me go from great attitude to sniveling baby. Whoo hoo.

My RN's, bless their hearts, were trying to figure out what cycle I'm on. It turned out to be a nasty math game. Not knowing if I was to get chemo, or if I will have had enough when my next appointment hits. They finally had to call my oncologist because the orders weren't specific enough. Good news was, he was on call. The bad news is, he wasn't returning his calls. Hmm... that seems odd to me, you're on duty and you can be reached? When he finally did call, his cell phone was breaking up (bet he went home to the Bay Area). All of the RN's on staff each waited their turn to ask their questions.

Finally, got m y meds and was able to get the heck out of there. I am so glad I have only one more left.

However, if I get extended past December I'm going to cry. I grow weary of people poking me. I'm tired of getting ill every other Friday. I'm ready to be normal again, at least as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment