Wednesday, July 29, 2009

They call me... Patches!

I've been really lucky with side effects on this chemo trip. But a funny one, I guess, has been hair loss.

I haven't started losing any on my dome yet, at least as far as I can tell. It was already starting to get a bit shiny top side any way. But my shoulders now have smooth spots. I haven't had smooth spots since I was a kid. It's really pretty funny looking, patches here and there. If my head starts going out in patches, I'm going to shave it.

I am feeling better. I'm still tender in the tummy from my spill. Now I just take it real easy when I get up. I feel like Thomas Covenant in the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. He was always taking inventory of his health and welfare. Though I'm not a leper like he was in one reality, I do take inventory BEFORE I stand up from bed. Have to make sure those legs are wide awake and ready to face the task at hand.

I get tomorrow off from chemo, and for that I'm really grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment