Saturday, September 12, 2009

8 down, 10 to go!

Over the course of the last week, I thought about attitude and how things were going.

I tried to keep a positive attitude this week, much more positive than in the prior week. Attitude and ginger ale along with ginger snap cookies seemed to help a great deal.

Last week, my week was filled with activity. That was good. It seemed my phone rang off the hook. Some of the memorable calls:

"Dad, I was rear ended... what do I do now?"
"Dad my bike had a blow out, can you send sister?"
"Dad, I lost my key ring somewhere... can you make copies."

My week went ok compared to my kids. Last week, if it weren't for bad luck, Rhiannon would have no luck at all.

Yesterday's visit went well, but my numbers took a pummling. Platelettes are way down this time. Hemoglobin was way down. White blood cells were down hard. I hope I don't have to skip again next week. My oncologist did say that we might go to 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I guess that will be ok.

On to survice another few days of fealing icky!

No comments:

Post a Comment